"Get the Funk Out!" Monday's at 9:00am PST on KUCI 88.9fm Inspirational conversations that inform, inspire and help you deal with life's curveballs!
Sunday, December 10, 2017
Laura B. Whitmore joined Janeane 12/11 to talk about her up-coming 2018 She Rocks Awards and more!
Listen to today's show featuring Laura B. Whitmore!
About Laura / the She Rocks Awards / The WiMN
Official URL: sherocksawards.com
Laura B. Whitmore bio: http://www.thewimn.com/the-wimn-team/
The She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out across all corners of the music industry, from musicians to manufacturing and everyone in between.
The annual She Rocks Awards brings together industry professionals, music icons, artists, fans and media to celebrate women in music.
The upcoming sixth annual awards event has found a new home at the House of Blues Anaheim. The event will be held on Friday, January 26, 2018.
The evening includes live music, awards and speeches, celebrity appearances, a fabulous silent auction, food and beverages, giveaways, amazing gift bags and more!
This Year’s Honorees:
· Karla Redding-Andrews, executive director for The Otis Redding Foundation
· Exene Cervenka, vocalist for the iconic punk band, X
· Amberly Crouse-Knox, Senior director of creative and business development, BMG Production Music
· Jean Millington Adamian, June Millington, Brie Darling, Alice de Buhr and Patti Quatro of the pioneering all-female American rock band, Fanny
· Candace Stewart, studio manager, EastWest Studios in Hollywood
· Dawn Birr, channel manager for the Americas, Sennheiser Business Solutions
· Fabi Reyna, founder and editor of She Shreds Media
· Vanessa Mering, marketing manager, HARMAN Professional
· Kristy Porter, Guitar Center's Director of Merchandising, General Accessories & Media
Previous award recipients in recent years include female industry leaders such as Colbie Caillat, Ronnie Spector, Sheila E, The Bangles, Shirley Manson, Esperanza Spalding, Chaka Khan, Jennifer Batten, Karmin, Orianthi, Dinah Gretsch, Craigie Zildjian, and more.
About The Women’s International Music Network (The WiMN)
Founded in 2012, the Women’s International Music Network unites women who work within all facets of the music and audio industries. With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking and sharing. The Women’s International Music Network produces events such as the WiMN She Rocks Showcases and the She Rocks Awards, and is founded by music industry veteran Laura B. Whitmore. For more information, visit www.thewimn.com.