DR. W. CHRIS WINTER!
THE SLEEP SOLUTION: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It, now available in paperback. Dr. Winter has treated over 10,000 patients’ sleep problems in his twenty-plus years of experience. Please let me know if you would like an interview with Dr. Winter.
Everyone can learn to sleep well, and odds are, you sleep far better than you think you do. Dr. Winter explains that our sleep perception versus our sleep reality is part of the problem, and in THE SLEEP SOLUTION: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It, he explains the basic science of sleep, and shares specific interventions to fit any lifestyle. Arianna Huffington dubbed him “The Sleep Whisperer” and turned to Winter when researching her New York Times bestselling book, The Sleep Revolution.
Dr. Winter explains the story of sleep while dispensing vital advice, including:
· The why and how of our sleep: homeostatic and circadian systems, and why they are important to understand (much of what you’ve heard about REM sleep and dreaming are untrue)
· How shift workers are at greatest risk for health issues related to sleep—and how many people, even if they don’t hold “shift oriented” jobs, are experiencing the same issues due to second jobs, raising families, going back to school, and more
· Why you should always wake up at the same time every day, even if your bedtime varies
· Why sticking to a schedule is key – you schedule everything else in your life, why not sleep?
· Why bedding and temperature are critical to a good night’s sleep
· Why light is bad, naps can help, and stimulants will hurt (caffeine, alcohol, nicotine)
· The proper uses—and dangers—of sleeping pills
Dr. Winter’s dedication to helping readers understand their sleep problems when hitting the sheets for the night – and even before then – is what makes this book different. Dr. Winter’s refreshing and straightforward advice in THE SLEEP SOLUTION sheds new light on how to finally fix sleep instead of falling back into old habits with band-aid solutions, and the feedback loop of fear and guilt we often associate with “I can’t sleep.”
About the Author:
Dr. W. Chris Winter is a double board-certified and internationally recognized sleep medicine specialist, as well as a board certified neurologist with his own practice. He is a highly sought-after speaker and works directly with top athletes in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, including the Cleveland Indians, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Francisco Giants, Oklahoma City Thunder, New York Rangers, Washington Wizards, Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Rays, and LA Dodgers. He is the Men’s Health “Sleep Specialist” and is frequently consulted by national media (Women's Health, Details, Bicycling, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal) as a sleep expert. He has treated over 10,000 patients’ sleep problems in his twenty-plus years of experience.
About the BookWith cutting-edge sleep science and time-tested techniques, The Sleep Solution will help anyone achieve healthy sleep and eliminate pills, pain, and fatigue.
If you want to fix your sleep problems, Internet tips and tricks aren’t going to do it for you. You need to really understand what’s going on with your sleep—both what your problems are and how to solve them.
The Sleep Solution is an exciting journey of sleep self-discovery and understanding that will help you custom design specific interventions to fit your lifestyle. Drawing on his twenty-four years of experience within the field, neurologist and sleep expert W. Chris Winter will help you…
• Understand how sleep works and the ways in which food, light, and other activities act to help or hurt the process
• Learn why sleeping pills are so often misunderstood and used incorrectly—and how you can achieve your best sleep without them
• Incorporate sleep and napping into your life—whether you are a shift worker, student, or overcommitted parent
• Think outside the box to better understand ways to treat a multitude of
conditions—from insomnia to sleep apnea to restless leg syndrome and circadian sleep disorders
• Wade through the ever-changing sea of sleep technology and understand its value as it relates to your own sleep struggles
Dubbed the “Sleep Whisperer” by Arianna Huffington, Dr. Winter is an international expert on sleep and has helped more than 10,000 patients rest better at night, including countless professional athletes. Now, he’s bringing his experiences out from under the covers—redefining what it means to have optimal sleep and get the ZZZs you really need...