Dreena Burton is one of the pioneering vegan cookbook authors. Vegan for 25 years, Dreena is also a mom to three “weegans.” She has charted her journey as a plant-based cook and mother of three through five bestselling cookbooks. Dreena has also collaborated with renowned plant-based physician Dr. Barnard on The Cheese Trap and coauthored their most recent Cookbook for Reversing Diabetes. Dreena's recipes have been featured with groups including PCRM, Forks Over Knives, Blue Zones, and The Food Network. Dreena was also the Culinary Coordinator with The Food Revolution Network's Whole Life Club.
In a conversation, Dreena shares details on her latest book, Dreena’s Kind Kitchen: 100 Whole-Foods Vegan Recipes to Enjoy Every Day:
- How keeping a kind kitchen helps you be more kind to your loved ones, community, planet, and yourself
- Her 20+ year career as a plant-based business owner
- Raising three daughters plant-based from birth
- How access to vegan and plant-based information and products has evolved since the early 90s
- Healthy and yummy lunchbox ideas for the week
- Tips for how to jazz up your leftovers for a quick and delicious dinner
Connect with Dreena’s online kitchen and community at dreenaburton.com.