LISTEN to today's show featuring Lauren Schneider!
Lauren’s areas of specialty are:
· Talking to children after sudden deaths due to homicide, suicide, overdose or acts of terrorism- the more stigmatized and unusual the circumstances of the death the less likely adults are to feel comfortable talking to their children about the cause when someone they love has died.
· Children need to be told the truth in age appropriate language because they always find out the truth and they will feel anger, resentment or a lack of trust towards those who weren't honest with them if they aren't told the truth.
· Helping grown-ups understand how to explain these types of death and how to empower their children to create their own narrative so they can comfortably talk about it with friends.
· Preparing children for funerals or memorial services
· Fostering resiliency in grieving children
Published Articles, Books & Film:
· "Children Grieve too: A Handbook for Parents of Grieving Children."
· My Memory Book…for grieving children”
· Associate Producer of “One Last Hug…and a few smooches” an Emmy award winning HBO documentary about Children’s Grief.