Listen to today's show!
Follow the show here.
Daniel McGinn discusses:
- Why trying to calm backstage jitters can be worse for your performance than channeling it into excitement
- How meaningless rituals can do more to prepare you in the final moments than last-minute rehearsal
- How a prescription from your doctor could help you unleash your best skill
- How Jerry Seinfeld’s jacket and Stephen Colbert’s pen help them get laughs
- What General Stanley McChrystal said to Special Forces before they entered the battlefield
- Why the New England Patriots hired the DJ for the Red Sox to help them win
- How Muhammad Ali turned trash-talking into an art form.
About the Author:DANIEL MCGINN is a senior editor at Harvard Business Review. His writing has appeared in Wired, Inc., the Boston Globe Magazine, and Newsweek. He lives in suburban Boston with his family.